Create Web Host Help Center

General Category => Welcome => Topic started by: jordibennedict99 on Sep 21, 2026, 01:32 PM

Title: Draughty Bedroom
Post by: jordibennedict99 on Sep 21, 2026, 01:32 PM
Our bedroom has been getting noticeably colder lately, and I finally found a small draught coming through the old window frame. It's probably time to stop patching things up and replace it properly. I'm looking into uPVC window installation now, but there are so many local companies that I'm unsure where to start. Has anyone had a good experience with an installer they'd recommend?
Title: Re: Draughty Bedroom
Post by: Ybrayan on Sep 22, 2026, 07:21 AM
Same here last winter - woke up and could literally feel a cold spot on the pillow from the window. Tried the tape-and-blanket trick for a bit, but it just looked ridiculous. We ended up going with a uPVC windows (https://www.ambgls.co.uk/windows/upvc-windows)   after getting three quotes. The surveyor pointed out which rooms needed better specs and which could be standard, so we didn't overspend. Installation was quick, no drama, and the bedroom's actually warm now. Biggest surprise? The condensation's almost gone, so I'm not waking up to puddles on the sill. Worth sorting before the next cold snap.