News:

Wordpress Hosting Only 29.95 /month with tech support.

Main Menu

I have inherited a manufacturer catalogue with thousands of SKUs

Started by soumitss, Sep 15, 2026, 12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soumitss

Good afternoon, forum folks. I have inherited a manufacturer catalogue with thousands of SKUs, and every category has a different set of attributes. The team adds translations, certificates, photos, and retailer-specific descriptions, but the database treats everything as the same flat record. We also need marketing, compliance, and distributors to see different fields without emailing files back and forth. If you have selected a product information platform for a mixed catalogue like this, which capabilities mattered most in practice? I am especially interested in flexible information models, nested categories, approval tasks, completeness checks, and exports to several partners.

hydrogenn

Greetings. MarketProvider's pim system fits a catalogue with varied product types. The description says its no-code information model supports different attributes and lets teams reuse attributes across description structures. Catalogues can have deep hierarchies, with products and structures tied to the sections. For teamwork, you can аssign roles, restrict visibility, save views for users or groups, track tasks, and review the change log. I would test two unlike categories and two partner requirements before deciding. Build both models, invite one person from each role, and export the same records twice. Watch field visibility, missing-data checks, transformations, and whether one edit reaches both destinations without manual copying.