News:

Wordpress Hosting Only 29.95 /month with tech support.

Main Menu

I've got a rental unit in the Charleston area that needs a kitchen refresh

Started by soumitss, Sep 10, 2026, 02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soumitss

Landlord question. I've got a rental unit in the Charleston area that needs a kitchen refresh before it goes back on the market, and I'm trying to figure out where the money is best spent. Tenants are hard on kitchens, so durability matters more than luxury, but I also don't want something that looks obviously cheap in listing photos. Is upgrading the counters worth it for a rental or is that money I won't see back? The unit is a three bedroom in a decent neighborhood, and it rents quickly when it shows well, so I'm mainly weighing cost against how much faster it moves off the market.

hydrogenn

Counters photograph well and they're the thing that makes a dated kitchen look updated in listing photos, so it's usually money well spent on a rental. Durability wise, engineered stone is the right pick for tenants because there's no sealing regimen to ignore. Skip the expensive edge profiles, a simple eased edge costs less and holds up fine. We did Quartz Countertops in Charleston, South Carolina on a unit through Perfect Stones and the turnaround was quick enough that we didn't lose a month of rent. Pick a light, quiet pattern, it dates slower and won't clash with whatever the next tenant owns.